I love sliders as far as portion size and the fun things you can put in them… but so often they are way too messy to pick up and actually eat with your hands. This is where these awesome little pockets come into play. All the flavor and in theory none of the mess. If you want them as more of an appetizer I suggest getting the smaller biscuits and using small or halved meatballs. If you are using them for a meal then you can use the full size biscuits and larger meatballs.
- Meatballs (cooked)
- 8 oz can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 tsp Parsley
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 cup Mozzarella (shredded or sliced)
- Canned Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make sure your meatballs are cooked (they don’t need to be hot but they can’t be frozen)
- Mix the can of tomato sauce with Garlic Salt, Oregano, and Parsley
- Flatten each biscuit into a disc shape
- Add 1 spoonful of sauce and 1 spoonful of Mozzarella to center of disc
- Add your meatball. If you are using larger meatballs you can cut them in half and add another spoonful of each sauce and mozzarella in the middle.
- Wrap the biscuit around the meatball. If these are meant to be finger foods be sure there are no holes on the side.
- Flip the biscuits so that the seam is on the bottom
- Place the pockets on a baking sheet (I suggest using a silicone baking mat to help then from sticking and to prevent the bottoms from burning)
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter (and add a 1/2 tsp of Garlic Salt if you’d like)
- Brush butter on outside of the pockets
- Bake 15-17 minutes
- Broil 1-2 minutes to finalize the browning
I pulled mine out a few minutes before they were done baking to add a bit more mozzarella on top. You can’t ever have too much cheese,